Green Chili Con Carne
2 1/2 lb boneless pork loin
3 T safflower oil
2 1/2 c cored, seeded green peppers
1 cut into 1-in. cubes
1 T garlic, minced
3 c drained, canned mexican
1 green tomatoes, or use
1 peeled, seeded and chopped
1 ripe tomatoes
6 oz can green chilies, Chopped
2 T cumin
1/4 t cloves, Ground
2 T fresh coriander, Chopped
1 c dry white wine
1. Cut the meat into 1 1/2-in. cubes
2. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker. When it is quite hot, add about 1/3 of the meat cubes. Cook, stirring, until nicely browned.
3. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cubes to a platter.
Add another third of the meat cubes and brown them. Transfer them to the platter. Brown the remaining meat cubes and transfer them to the platter.
Add the green peppers to the fat remaining in the cooker and cook until wilted.
Add the garlic and cook about 5 sec., stirring.
5. Return the meat cubes to the cooker.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover with the lid and add the pressure regulator. Cook 20 min.
6. Remove the lid according to the manufacturer's instructions. Cook down, uncovered, about 10 min. or until the sauce is reduced slightly.
Serve with cumin rice.